I’ve been seeing these guys all over menus lately so I decided to give them a shot at home… They only require 3 ingredients and are one of the most tasty app’s I’ve ever made… I really couldn’t stop popping them!
Padron peppers can be interchanged pretty easily with shishito’s so buy whatever is available from your local market. Shishito’s are a bit milder than the padron’s which is why I originally decided to pair them with a cool dipping sauce. I found that a few of the padron’s had a spice to them, but it certainly wasn’t too much!
That being said, you can simplify this by skipping the sauce altogether! It is a nice complement to the peppers and will be helpful to those who have a lower spice tolerance but it’s not necessary by any means.
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Juice from 1 lemon, about ¼ cup
- 2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1 english cucumber, roughly chopped
- 8 cups padron or shishito peppers
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- Prepare tahini sauce by mixing first 6 ingredients in a food processor. Taste and add more salt as needed or add water to thin it out if desired. Set aside. You can put in fridge to make cool if you'd like.
- Heat oil over a pan on medium heat. Add peppers and toss with salt. Cook until peppers are browned and blistered - about 5 min.
- Serve warm with sauce on side.
- SIMPLIFICATION STEP: make sauce ahead of time.