Oh Fall, I love you for so many reasons. I love bundling up in boots and scarves, I LOVE the holidays but mostly I just love that new seasonal foods are available – yes, it really does always comes back to food with me!
It’s pretty hard to think about the month of October without thinking of pumpkin isn’t it? So, in order to welcome you to a new season and a new month, here’s a little treat to start out your day with an extra pack of pumpkin. And yes, I have heart measuring spoons!
To make it pretty and for a little added sweetness, I topped with cranberries making this granola perfectly pumpkin-y, lightly sweet and nice and crispy. It kinda feels like you are eating a pumpkin cookie for breakfast… except that you are not because this recipe uses all natural healthy ingredients and has no dairy or added sugar!
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp all spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 Tbsp ground flax/flax meal
- ½ cup pecans
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup honey (sub maple syrup or agave for vegan version)
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix the oats, spices, flax, and pecans in a large bowl.
- Heat the coconut oil, honey and vanilla in a pan over low heat until the oil is liquified.
- Add honey mixture & pumpkin to the bowl and combine until all ingredients are well mixed.
- Bake for 25-28 minutes or until edges begin to brown and bottom of granola is crisped. You may want to mix once or twice during baking.
- Let cool completely. Top with cranberries and enjoy!