I had a little leftover cashew cream after making my Kabocha Squash Crostini’s. I loved the squash-cream combo but I didn’t have it in me to tackle another Kabocha so I went with its ‘much easier to handle’ relative, the delicata squash!
However, if you don’t feel like making the cashew cream, I think greek yogurt would serve as a great substitute. So easy, so yummy and so pretty!
- 4 Delicata squash, seeds removed and cut into half moons (you can keep the skin on with delicata squash)
- 2-3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Cashew Cream
- ½ cup raw cashews, soaked for 2-3 hours, drained
- juice of ½ lemon
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp raw apple cider vinegar
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine squash, olive oil, salt and pepper and mix well. Spread evenly over a baking sheet and bake for 30 min or until squash is tender.
- Meanwhile, make the cashew cream by combining all the ingredients in a food processor. Put in fridge to cool or set aside.
- Once squash is ready, add more salt & pepper if needed and top with cream and pomegranate seeds.