Inspired by our friends Corbett and Jessalyn who have a regular cocktail hour, Scott looked to me one normal Thursday evening and said “Want to make cocktails?” There’s obviously only one response to that question – “Oh hell yes!”
Or so I thought until I tried my hand out at this little creation. I will admit the first round was sadly deemed undrinkable… but round two (and a quite a mess in the kitchen) led to this masterpiece.
This drink is super fresh because of the blueberries and basil and there is no need for added sweeteners when you’ve got fresh fruit. So try your hand out at cocktail creation, who knows maybe you’ve got a hidden talent!
P.S. Thanks to Corbett and Jessalyn for the inspiration for this recipe and I also have to thank Fizzle, Corbett’s online course and community, as this site wouldn’t exist today without the affordable information they offer. I highly recommend their services to anyone who is interested in learning more about building anything online! Oh and did I mention it’s $1.00 to try out <- sweet!
- 10 basil leaves
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 cup soda water
- ½ cup tonic water
- 2-3 shots of bourbon - depending on how stiff you like your drinks!
- A few cubes of ice
- Honey to drizzle (sub maple syrup or agave for vegan version)
- Combine basil, and blueberries in a mixer and muddle. I don't have an official tool to muddle so I just used the end of a metal measuring spoon.
- Add the soda, tonic, bourbon and ice to mixer and shake a few times.
- Pour mixture into cocktail glasses and drizzle with honey. You can also drizzle honey in glass prior to pouring.
- Taste and top off with more soda or tonic as needed.