“My family has been making your green smoothie recipe everyday and it is our 14 month old’s favorite thing to eat in the morning! Lately I’ve been playing around with it and adding avocado and a little mint (instead of parsley). I’d love to see more smoothie recipes from The Simple Kitchen in the future because my variations aren’t quite right :)”
When I asked him if he had any particular ingredients in mind he mentioned that he lives in the Middle East so some fruits are hard to find, but mango is available there. So I decided to make mango and mint the primary focus of this smoothie. Andrew, this one is for you and your fam!
I had to play around with this a few times but once I got it right, it was very very right. It is lightly sweet from the mango, slightly tart from the lime and wildly refreshing from the mint. And how could I forget the coconut?!?! The combination of coconut milk and water gives you a creamy blend loaded with lots of amazing health benefits… This just might become my new go-to!
Enjoy this lovely libation and don’t be afraid to contact me if you have a request of your own. I am always up for the challenge!
- 1.5 cups tropical fruit
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut water
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 cups spinach or other leafy greens
- 1 cup mint leaves (stems removed)
- Handful of ice or more (will vary depending on whether your fruit is fresh or frozen)
- Optional: 1-2 Tbsp chia seeds and/or nut butter for added healthy fat
- Place all ingredients in a Vitamix or high speed blender and blend until smooth.