I officially have a new obsession with plums. In my book watermelon has always been the star of summer but this year I just cannot seem to get enough juicy and tart stone fruits. And since these fruits have so much to offer, I figured that they deserve a salad all of their own!
The fruit is the real star of this salad so as long as your fruit is fresh and ripe, you can’t go wrong. Feel free to add in cherries, pluots, nectarines, etc. Go ahead, you have permission to get a little crazy and shop outside your comfort zone. Try fruits you don’t normally buy… maybe you’ll find a new love like I have!
You can serve with the fruit cut and arranged neatly for presentation or chopped and mixed together. Once you are ready to serve just drizzle with the balsamic vinaigrette of your choice and enjoy this tart but sweet and creamy yet crisp salad! Look at these colors, how can you not just want to take a bite?
- 5 cups of arugula
- 2-3 stone fruits of your choice (I chose peaches and plums), sliced or chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced or cubed
- ¼ cup balsamic vinaigrette
- ¼ cup dry roasted pistachios
- Place arugula in a bowl.
- Top or toss with fruit.
- Drizzle with balsamic and pistachios.
- Add any additional spices (i.e. salt and pepper) as needed and enjoy!