Next we will make our own caesar dressing. Remember that time when I created a vegan caesar? It was a life changing moment I tell you…
Vegan Kale Caesar Salad
- 2 cups bread, cubed
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ cups good mild olive oil – add more if consistency is not as desired
- ¾ cup (divided) vegan parmesan - see notes
- 6-8 cups kale, stems removed and roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine garlic, bread and oil in a bowl. Add a dash of salt and mix well.
- Evenly spread out bread pieces on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes until crisp.
- Meanwhile, prepare caesar dressing by combining mustard, garlic, lemon, salt, pepper, olive oil and ½ cup parmesan in a food processor until well mixed.
- Dress the salad with as much dressing as you prefer. You can dress the salad while the croutons cook to help soften the kale.
- Once croutons are ready, mix in and sprinkle with remaining vegan parmesan.
- SIMPLIFICATION STEP: Make dressing and croutons ahead of time. This salad can be dressed about an hour prior to serving.